(Please contact Jenna for phone and address contact information.)
Online Awareness & Engagement Manager and Blog Editor
October 2015 – August 2016
- Grew Facebook from 22,000 fans to 30K+ fans
- Grew Instagram from 78 followers to 3K+ followers
- Grew blog monthly average from 100K to 300K+
- Reformatted old posts with better stock imagery and proper SEO.
- Managed a team of freelance writers to cover appropriate and timely topics.
- Managed 15-20 writers while seeking out and syndicating other great voices in the community.
- Edited 20 pieces per week, chose art work, wrote headlines, maintained editorial calendar, and published articles of writers according to set deadlines.
- Wrote 1-2 pieces per week.
- Helped promote pieces on various forms of social media.
- Worked with sponsors and staff to create weekly newsletters for Family and Conferences.
The Daily Jeffersonian – daily-jeff.com
October 2009 – January 2011
- Photographing local news stories including sports, feature shots and important events.
Fertility Community Forums
May 2008 – October 2010
- Worked daily to remove spam and foster conversation on the forums.
- Wrote two weekly posts about technology as it applies to moms and families.
- Also wrote a weekly report on things around the web on the topic including open giveaways, conference talk, new reviews and products.
- Contract ended on good terms in September 2010 when the company decided to reevaluate their focus.
Adoption Media, LLC – adoptionblogs.com
Blogger and Assistant Editor
October 2006 – May 2010
- Blogged daily on topics surrounding adoption.
- Oversaw 4-5 writers, edited their pieces, and published them on site.
WHIZ-TV – whiznews.com
July 2004 – October 2006
- In charge of all things technical during a live newscast and throughout the broadcast day.
Other Freelance Work
Published various times at Wanderlust.com, 2015
Published various times in Brain, Child magazine, 2014-2015
Published in Adoption Network Cleveland’s Guidance, 2011
Syndicated on the TODAYMoms blog in July 2010, September 2010, and October 2010, twice.
Redbook, May 2008, Article on a difficult aspect of motherhood here.
BlogHer Voices of the Year Nominee in 2010, 2011, 2016; Honored as a Voices of the Year Reader in 2014 (Video here.)
2nd Annual SWPA Media & Mental Health Awards, for accurate journalism coverage of mental (35:30 starts the blog category) health issues within television, radio, print and online media, 2013
Adoptive Families magazine Best Adoption Blog, 2012
Indie Ink photography contest, 2010
PodCamp Pittsburgh – PodCampPittsburgh.com
Topic: Keeping Your Blog Going
(Article mentioning me and my co-speaker, Michelle Hammons.)
Encountering New Worlds of Adoption – University of Pittsburgh 2nd Annual International Conference on Adoption and Culture
Topic: Adoptive and First Mothers Blog Their Way through New Family Structures
(Speaker info page.)
WordPress, Drupal, Facebook, Twitter, other social networking sites (Instagram, flickr, tumblr, etc), Windows, Excel, Word, HTML/CSS, newsletter creation (Emma, MailChimp, etc), and other pertinent Internet programs.
Currently seeking an editing job. Can provide a letter of recommendation from previous or current employers as well as a list of references upon request.